Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy
Regain your Pelvic power at North Shore Pelvic Floor Centre:
North Shore Pelvic Floor Centre is incorporated in Neutral Bay Physiotherapy, and we are leading the field in Sydney with our sensitive and individual management of Pelvic Floor Dysfunction.
Our continence Physiotherapists provide quality management in the areas of continence and pelvic floor disorders; having further specialised training in assessment, diagnosis and management of pelvic floor dysfunction.
Elizabeth McDonald developed North Shore Pelvic Floor Centre in 1990 as a result of the growing awareness of the benefits of physiotherapy in the treatment of Incontinence. Libby has led the field in Sydney in diagnosis and successful management of pelvic floor dysfunction in Men, Women & Children.
Incontinence is an embarrassing and inconvenient health condition that can make life miserable for both men and women of all ages.
Some of the signs of weak pelvic floor muscles include leaking urine when laughing or coughing, constantly feeling the urge to go to the toilet, not being able to control bowel movements and wind or prolapse.
- 1 in 3 women who have had a baby have weakened pelvic floor muscles
- 1 in 5 Australians affected by a bowel or bladder problem
- 1 in 10 men experience incontinence often associated with prostate problems
The good news is that pelvic floor fitness is a key factor in bowel and bladder health and has been proven to effectively prevent, treat and cure certain types of incontinence. A Pelvic Floor Exercise programme with a specialised Physio can enhance bladder control.
70% of those affected could be cured or better managed!!!
At Neutral Bay Physio therapy we provide Pelvic Floor Assessment and Rehabilitation for Men & Women of all ages including the following:
- Pelvic floor muscle weakness and dysfunction
- Urinary (stress, urge, mixed)
- Voiding dysfunction
- Bedwetting – adults and children
- Bowel Assessment and Management
- Faecal incontinence
- Constipation & straining
- Defaecati on difficulties
Women’s Health: promoting health & well being for women of all ages.
- Pre and post gynaecological surgery
- Assessment, management and prevention
- Pre and post prolapse surgery – recovery programmes
- Pelvic pain
- Assessment and treatment
- Pain with intercourse
- Pelvic floor hypertonicity
- Pelvic floor assessment and education
- Preparing the pelvic floor and perineum for birth
- Post natal p elvic floor check
- Conditions that are specific to women of any age but in particular during pregnancy and menopause see WOMENS HEALTH
Initially prostrate surgery can cause incontinence and physiotherapy can be very beneficial in regaining bladder control. A pre operative appointment to discuss the management in the early post operative period is advisable and then further treatment after the surgery if symptoms persist.
We provide Prostate – Management and Treatment and Rehabilitation
- Pre and post radical prostatectomy
- Post radiation therapy
At Neutral Bay Physiotherapy we may be able to help you overcome incontinence; you are assured of being assessed and treated compassionately and given specific and individually tailored management.