As a sports person herself Shelley has a great understanding of the biomechanics of movement and has enjoyed working with a variety of teams including NSW U23 Softball, NSW Indoor Netball, North Shore AFL and Gordon Rugby. She has a particular clinical interest in the treatment of lumbo-pelvic pain, hip, thoracic/ rib dysfunction and sporting and trauma injury and rehabilitation.
She uses a combination of integrated muscle systems techniques, muscle energy techniques, dry needling, soft tissue release, joint mobilisation, real time ultrasound, taping and exercise therapy, including Pilates, in her day-to-day treatment of injuries and pain. She is passionate about identifying and addressing any underlying causes of pain rather than just treating the noticeable symptoms.
- Master of Sports Physiotherapy La Trobe University 2015
- Graduate Certificate of Sports Physiotherapy La Trobe University 2013
- APA Level 3 Sports Physiotherapist 2014
- APA Level 2 Sports Physiotherapist 2005
- APA Level 1 Sports Physiotherapist 2003
- Certified Instructor in Clinical Pilates (Matwork and Equipment)
- – Australian Physiotherapy Pilates Institute (APPI)
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Physiotherapy) Sydney University 2002
- Muscle Energy Techniques to the Pelvis, Lumbar, Thoracic and Cervical spine
- – Barbara Hungerford 2010-2013
- Graduate from The Discover Physio Series on the use of Integrated Muscle Systems 2012
Further studies done in use the of:
- Dynamic and Rocktape techniques
- Running Biomechanics
- Dry Needling Plus techniques
- Hip rehabilitation following arthroscopy labral repair
Shelley is a presenter for the APPI on Matwork and Equipment series
Shelley has assisted on MET courses for pelvic/ thoracic/ cervical and lumbar techniques.